Guide to the World's Best Cuisine - IndianFoodsGuide.com
- Category: Indian Food Articles
To celebrate the 1000 Fans mark, we are giving away 1 autographed copy of Hari Nayak's Modern Indian Cooking book. The book is a collection of easy to prepare contemporary Indian recipes created for the modern living and entertaining. The recipes are very approachable which explores how wide world of Indian cuisine has fused into other cuisines around the world. The food has an international twist on the traditional flavors of Indian food.
In order to win this cookbook, you have to do the following
Rules of the Contest:
1. The contest is open to everyone no matter where you live.
2. The contest will be open till the 31st of August, 2010.
3. We will announce the winners after the 31st of August, 2010. If the winner does not want the prize, we will pick another winner. The winners are responsible for any customs duty applicable in their country. We will send the prize by regular post.
Modern Indian Cooking by Hari Nayak
Here are some images and a recipe from the book.
Season the paneer lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and quickly sear the paneer cheese pieces until golden, about 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer to a serving dish, cover and keep warm.
- Add the wine or sherry to deglaze the pan, and scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onions, capers, ginger and green chilies, and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, butter & cilantro then drizzle everything over the paneer pieces.
- Serve hot.