Guide to the World's Best Cuisine - IndianFoodsGuide.com
To celebrate the 1500 Fans mark, we are giving away another autographed copy of Hari Nayak's Modern Indian Cooking book. The book is a collection of easy to prepare contemporary Indian recipes created for the modern living and entertaining. The recipes are very approachable which explores how wide world of Indian cuisine has fused into other cuisines around the world. The food has an international twist on the traditional flavors of Indian food.
In order to win this cookbook, you have to do the following
- You must be a Facebook Fan of our website. You can sign up as a fan by visiting the Indian Foods Guide.com Facebook Fan page and joining as a fan.
- You can submit 1 review of any one of our Indian Grocery Stores listings. We have over 3000 listings worldwide. You can navigate down to your city or use the search button on the top right. Once you find your listing, use the review link to submit a review.
- You can submit 1 review of any one of our Indian Restaurant listings . We have over 17000 worldwide. You can navigate down to your city or use the search button on the top right. Once you find your listing, use the review link to submit a review.
- If you do not see the name of restaurant you are trying to review, send us the name, location and review via Facebook Message. We will accept entries via FB messages as well.
- All reviews need to be at least 8-10 sentences long. Short reviews that say "It was good etc" will not be accepted.
- Please make sure you use your FB name to submit the review so we can make sure you get the credit. Names of all accepted entries will be posted on the FB fan page.
- You will get one entry for each review you submit.
- We would greatly appreciate it if you would help spread the message (by sharing this link with your friends) and get others to sign up as fans too. We will announce more giveaways, such as cookbooks, dinners etc as we hit new milestones.
Thank you for being a fan and supporting our effort to help build a better site dedicated to Indian food.
Rules of the Contest:
1. The contest is open to everyone no matter where you live.
2. The contest will be open till the 31st December, 2010.
3. We will announce the winners after the 31st December, 2010. If the winner does not want the prize, we will pick another winner. The winner is responsible for any customs duty applicable in their country. We will send the prize by regular post.
Modern Indian Cooking by Hari Nayak
Here are some images and a recipe from the book.
8 ounces paneer cheese
Salt to taste
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 cup sherry or dry white wine
1 small onion, minced
1/4 cup drained capers
1 tablespoon ginger, minced
2 fresh green chilies, minced
Juice of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons butter
Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¼ cup fresh cilantro chopped
- Season the paneer lightly with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-high heat and quickly sear the paneer cheese pieces until golden, about 30 seconds per side.
- Transfer to a serving dish, cover and keep warm.
- Add the wine or sherry to deglaze the pan, and scrape the browned bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onions, capers, ginger and green chilies, and cook, stirring for about 2 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, butter & cilantro then drizzle everything over the paneer pieces.
- Serve hot.